The serious ones:
- Write at least 500 words per day, no matter how awful they are.
- Complete a working first draft of my novel-in-progress by mid-March so I can workshop the whole shebang in the spring.
The really serious ones:
- Wear more costumey clothing. (I’m super into neon + menswear right now.)
- Finally get kicked out of a goddamn bar.
- Record a novelty rap album (for my ears only).
- Become a mustard snob.
- Take a really amazing new facebook profile picture.
- Focus on joy, not productivity.
I’ve noticed that when my primary focus is joy, the rest seems to take care of itself. The past few New Years, I’ve spent cursing the year in my rearview mirror, but I’m excited about 2013. I want to get elbow-deep into it.