I celebrated my 24th birthday in New York City, with two of my best friends, and they decided to give me whatever sort of birthday I wished. I contemplated 24 in 24 (staying up all night, getting dangerous) or maybe an elaborate cultural treasure hunt through the city (live my own movie montage of NYC moments), but finally decided on something more achievable: 24 things I wished I could do every day.
Today I found that list for the first time in a few years:
- Hang with Muscles and Justice
- Kickass brunch
- Levain cookie
- Belgian beer
- Lie in a park
- Be inspired by something made by artists
- Call my mom
- Elegant cocktail
- Long walk
- Eat somewhere I’ve only ever heard of
- Take one great photo
- Ice cream
- Listen to Justice say something that only Justice could say
- Learn a bit of cocktail-party knowledge
- Something street related [I have zero idea what this means]
- Gawk at something like a tourist, looking extremely uncool
- Put a great song on a jukebox
- Play a game of some sort
- Ask a bartender to invent me a drink
- Try a food I’ve never tasted before
- Gaze. Yearningly.
- Something incredibly dudely
Okay, obviously I couldn’t keep up all of the food-and-bev-related dreams every day without lopping twenty years off my life expectancy, but on the whole, not a bad list. I’d be a happy woman if I could do five or six of those things every day. It seems almost … achievable.
High five for a rare burst of prescient wisdom, Baby Kat!